Sunday 26 July 2009

Hendo's

You may remember that I introduced you to Hendersons Relish - a local delicacy know affectionatley in these parts as "Hendo's". It's great on pie & chips, sausage and mash, and spiced up my summertime bubble and squeek (leftover new potatoes and peas crushed and fried with spring onions) and fried chicken last night. Henderson's webpage makes me laugh. I love the Tales & Poems section and also the list of famous fans. I may include a bottle in my giveaway!

Hurray!! All she needed was a sunny day! Her twin sister stays firmly shut for the time being though. She didn't even produce a bud last year - that's how bad the summer of 2008 was! I think she is a perfect beauty.
Whilst the young man is still away (he sets off for home later today and arrives around lunchtime tomorrow), I am focusing my motherly insticts on my new little baby. Every year, we get a baby blackbird in the garden. Some of them give me heart failure when they jump out of their nest before they can fly. However this young chap is a confident flyer I'm pleased to say. However, I caught two neighborhood cats prowling last night, so I am keeping guard.



10 comments:

Gilly said...

I'm glad you are keeping those cats away!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Diane

I love your baby blackbird. Do you feed them? We have 4 families of them, they are eating us out of "cottage and home"! I love the garden birds, we are lucky to have them all

I have added you to my blog buddy list ...

Happy Sunday sweetie
Carolyn
x


ps. you will not believe the letters I have to type in the verification box ...

sitives

Michela said...

Hi! Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
Your lily is really gorgeus and your home is just lovely..
You need a dessert now..would you like to come for a pannacotta? I've just finished in the kitchen.. ;-)

menopausalmusing said...

Hendo's sounds fun! Lovely lily. x

Cal said...

Will be trying the Hendos and I'm glad you're on bird guard. The lily is lovely.
Cal x

Rosie said...

'Hendos' has brightened up one or two of our meals since we bought some a couple of weeks ago - love the website. What a gorgeous lily and sweet baby blackbird - hope it says safe from the cats.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous lily and keep that birdie safe!
Lisa x

Renaissance said...

I'd never heard of Hendo's before I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it here.

...Nina Nixon... said...

I've never tried Hendersons before.

Alas our two little blackbird eggs didn't hatch - I think something nasty got them in the end, but mother seems to be giving it another go - fingers crossed.

Nina x

lesley said...

I have Mr & Mrs Blackbird in the garden too, they nest next door, 3rd generation I think..I love to watch them...funny thing is the babies come out as big as the parents lol