Sunday, 12 August 2012

Sennen Cove

We have found over the years, that if it is a bit cloudy or mizzly in St Ives, a short trip to Sennen Cove - nearer Lands End - can sometimes produce better weather.  

I love Sennen Cove .  It feels as if nothing has changed since the 1950's.  I think you can get here on the open top bus from St Ives too.
Look what I found for you in the sea.
It is a great place for surfers and when the tide is out the beach is huge.  The colours are so vivid and truly beautiful.
Hubby and I enjoyed a lovely stroll along the waters edge.
And this little fella had a go at nipping my toes.

And especially for Jake - my cousins boy in Texas, I went to see if the shipwreck was still there.  And it is - just.  The SS Mulheim ran aground here in March 2003.

16 comments:

pastcaring said...

What gorgeous photos of a stunning place. To my shame, Cornwall is one of the many places in my own country I have never visited... I must remedy that! xx

Down by the sea said...

We love Sennen Cove too, the lifeboat station with a small exhibition it made me feel very sad. How wonderful to find the heart in the sands!
Sarah x

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Lovely pics of Sennen Cove Diane - it's a great spot. x

bellaboo said...

Wonderful photos! I just love Cornwall. :0)

Poppy Cottage said...

Jose and I are off to St Ives for a couple of days before she goes back to London. It was going to be a week but the boyfriend and the fact that she'll miss him too much gets in the way. Still, I get a couple of days there with just her, it'll be lovely. The weather looked lovely when you were there xx

Clara Turbay said...

You got style and good taste.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

What a beautiful place, I can understand how you enjoyed it there. Have a great week. T'other Diane

helen tilston said...

What a glorious day and some adventure too, spotting a ship wreck.

Thanks for sharing your day

Helenxx

Rosie said...

Oh, how wonderful - I would just love to be walking along that beach right now, the colours in your photos are stunning:)

Lisa said...

Look at how clear that water is! You could easily forget your worries walking along that beach, it looks idyllic!
Lisa x

selfsewn said...

Great Britain at it's best!!!

Lx @ Twelve said...

We went! After you mentioned it.....
& it was utterly beautiful & hot!

Lx

A garden just outside Venice said...

Stunning pictures!
xxxx

Jaggerfan1 said...

Very lovely photos

topchelseagirl said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Little Blue Mouse said...

That first photo is gorgeous!