Monday, 1 October 2012

Chatsworth Park

Come with me for an Autumnal walk around Chatsworth Park.  All of a sudden, the leaves have started to turn.

We arrived later than we anticipated, so only had time to wander around the Stand Wood Walk.

I am always ready to sit and admire the view when we reach the top.
I always fancy staying in the Hunting Tower, and now you can hire a chef when you stay too!


There are a couple of lovely lakes up here.  They gather water from the moors, and then power the fountain in the gardens at Chatsworth House.
The Swiss Cottage also appeals as a weekend getaway too.


The facelift of the house is almost complete.


We had a lovely walk.

13 comments:

greenthumb said...

Such a pretty place lovely light in the photos.

John Gray said...

diane
Chatsworth is one of my most favourite places on earth...

A garden just outside Venice said...

It looks like your weather was better than ours!
xxxx

Deborah said...

Thanks for sharing, I do love Chatsworth, one of my favourtie places to visit, if only I could live there!! he he have a happy week sweetie

Bee happy x

HippieGirl21 said...

Beautiful photos. That view is amazing! You really do take the loveliest photos :D

Rosie said...

I love the walk in Chatsworth Park at this time of year. Looks like you had some lovely weather for your walk:)

Lisa said...

What a lovely place to go and enjoy some autumn sunshine.
Lisa x

Lyn said...

we have not been to Chatsworth for years, you were lucky and had great weather. xxx

rusty duck said...

I could see myself staying quite happily in the Swiss Cottage.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

The hunting tower and your own chef sounds the way to go..... Great photos. have a good week. T'other Diane

Jill said...

One of my favourite places, Diane.
Will you be going to see it over the Festive break? I especially love it at Christmas time.
xx

Toffeeapple said...

I really must make an effort to go there, I have read so much about Chatsworth and Hardwick Hall and revel in the stories of both places.

Jackie, Erik, Jake, Drew said...

Thanks Diane, I always look forward to your annual Autumn walk. We have to drive 3 - 4 hrs to see some Fall foilage. The trees here generally stay green all year round. Once the kids a bit older I hope we get to see some of the beautiful Autumn in our neighbouring States. Arkansas looks pretty spectactular. But until then I will enjoy good old Yorkshire! xx