Friday 16 July 2010

Another Tart!

The young man made this fabulous tart in his school cookery lesson. It was so delicious, I thought I would share his recipe with you.

Pear and Chocolate Tart
Ingredients:
Shortcrust Pastry (8 oz Plain flour, 2oz of marg and 2 oz lard)
125g ground almonds
2 large eggs
125g butter
95g sugar
185g dark chocolate - melted
3 conference pears, peeled, cored, quartered
Creme Fraiche to serve

Pre heat Oven to 190c/375f/gas 5. Roll out pastry (half cm thick) and line tart tin. Rest lined tart tin for 20 min in freezer.

Bake pastry blind for 10 mins, then remove, set aside and reduce oven temperature to 170c/325f/gas 3.

Mix almonds, eggs, butter and sugar and stir in melted chocolate. Pour mixture into pastry case and press the pears into the mixture.

Bake for 45 mins until pastry is golden brown and the chocolate and almond mixture is firm.

Serve warm or cold with creme fraiche. Delish!!

You may be wondering why the pastry weights are in imperial whilst the rest of the weights are in metric. When I was at school, you had to make your own pastry, but his recipe said to take in ready made shortcrust pastry. I decided that he needed to know how to make pastry, so I used my old school recipe book for this.


13 comments:

Gilly said...

This is the second gorgeous tart I have read about this morning! I'm drooling at this pear one, will make it soon.

What interesting things they learn at school these days!

Homes and Dreams said...

Oh wow! that looks scrummy - I can't wait for my son to start high school if thats what they come home with!!!!

Vicky x

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

i just caught up with all your beautiful posts and photos. Your young man is a credit to you. The pears and choccy tart looks delicious!
Hope you have a lovely weekend Diane xoxoxo

A garden just outside Venice said...

Pears and chocolate is one of my favourite combo! Well done young man! xxxxx

Lyn said...

mmmmm now I am able to eat chocolate I might have to try this one!
thanks Diane.
Love
Lyn
xxx

The sewing room said...

Looks tasty well done to your young man i might have to give this one a go and well done to you for not buying the ready made pastry and giving him what i call a life lesson.Diane next thursday and friday we have two hospital appointments in the afternoon and to take Daves mind off it i thougt we could get ready and go early and i thought of you, could you reccomend some nice places and also if you are around we could meet up for a coffee i know you work and might not be able too look forward to hearing from you hugs Pat

harmony and rosie said...

Choc and pears are such a winning combination in my book, and even better if it's been made by someone else! Certainly don't remember making anything as tasty as that when I did cooking at school.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Wow, you had me with the dark chocolate! Looks great, and like nothing I was ever able to make in school back in the dark ages when I was there! Nice work, and yummy, too, I bet!

Sue said...

You are becoming very tarty Diane ;-) I'm very glad :-)

andamento said...

more yumminess, sounds absolutely delicious.

Rosie said...

Mmm... another tasty tart! Well done to the young man and thanks for sharing the recipe with us:)

Marie said...

Cor, that sounds scrumptious, I'd love a piece right now :-)

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Chocolate and pear , what a great combo - scrummy.