Thursday 13 October 2011

Season of mists

We have been stuck in a mizzley, murky and very grey week here in this part of Yorkshire, so I thought I would share a stroll that hubby and I took a week ago.

We didn't have much time as he was between night shifts, and the walk down through the park in Wentworth is always a favourite when time is short.

I know some of you saw the Dan Cruikshank programme this year which featured Wentworth Woodhouse - one of Englands secret stately homes. We locals are waiting with baited breath for renovations to start so that we can get a peak inside the house once more. I noticed on this walk how blackened the house is after standing in the Yorkshire coal fields for so many years.

The park was wearing her Autumnal colours and finery.


The skies were very grey, but it was the weekend that was also very warm.

There are a couple of big fishing lakes at the bottom of the park that are always very well utilised.

Hope you enjoyed the stroll.

9 comments:

Rosie said...

Lovely walk, Diane. I still hope to visit one day in the not too distant future:)

Lisa said...

Aren't all those autumn colours just so beautiful. I enjoyed the DC programme, well the whole series actually. He is so enthusiastic.
Lisa x

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Lovely - especially the autumn trees! House looks really interesting.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Kathy said...

Yes thank you, it was a lovely walk! We've been mad busy at work these last few weeks and we haven't been able to get out for many autumn walks ... so it's nice to see yours!!! Love the colours!
xxx

Christy said...

Oh, how lovely!! Everytime you share your bit of the world...it makes me want to come visit. Thanks for that. Also, sorry I haven't been commenting more. Things have been crazy. Still love reading your blog though. :)

**Anne** said...

I always enjoy looking at your lovely countryside. Thanks for sharing.
Anne xx

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Always a pleasure see your photographs; the last three a just perfect in every way. Love them!

greenthumb said...

All so pretty, loved all your photos.

Miss Holly said...

I just adore the walks you share with us...I would just like to beam right in and join you!!