Tuesday 10 April 2012

A walk in the park

On Sunday the Dancing Queen and I spent a lovely day walking through the parks in Sheffield that eventually lead out to the Peak District.


We started off after a breakfast butty through Endcliffe Park which was chocca block full of families enjoying the day.

Each park that you walk through has a personality of its own. They get more like woodlands as you head out towards the moors.
I loved her company. Hubby was at work and she had the day off as the shops were shut. We chatted and laughed for hours. We both enjoyed the exercise and fresh air.

I love the way she takes the same amount of pleasure as I do from the tiniest of details.



11 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the Queen Victoria statue - wonder if she was ever depicted smiling?
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Mad about Craft said...

I love that walk!

I can remember doing it with my Gran when I was little and then again with our children when they were very little.

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

There is an awful lot of beauty in your area, thank you for sharing it.

greenthumb said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time.

Jo said...

What a lovely day you had, not just the walk but the wonderful company too.

Rosie said...

Looks like a great walk. I love your photo of the gate:)

topchelseagirl said...

Looks like a lovely walk.

Anonymous said...

You must have enjoyed the walking! I like the statue of the queen, the green patina makes it even more prominent!

HippieGirl said...

Lovely photos there. They make me want to visit the UK even more!

Random thought: I found out something really cool! London has 5 soccer teams: Fulham, Arsenal Gunners, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspurs and Queens Park Rangers. How cool is that?

Poppy said...

Stunning pictures as always!
A belated Happy Easter......

Lou xxx

Lisa said...

Oh dear how dour does Queen Victoria look in that statue?!
What a lovely day you had with your girl.
Lisa x