Saturday 19 January 2013

Roll on Summer

I do find this time of year a challenge!  I am so ready for the light nights and better weather.  I can't believe it is a week since I posted!  I cancelled a trip to the cinema midweek (to see Les Mis) as the snow started to fall and even the weatherman on TV was surprised by it, so I thought it safer to stay in!  The highlight of my week was an evening visit to Wentworth Woodhouse with my sister and mum (as part of their Christmas present).  They showed us a couple of extra rooms that I hadn't seen on my first tour and mentioned that they are now doing some tours that take you further into the house and into the gardens - so I shall book one of these for the summer.

 Hubby and I managed to get into Sheffield for a while today, but the skies were so grey that my photos were really dull, however we had a lovely lunch out and visited a new art exhibition at the Millennium galleries which was lovely.
I am not a winter person!

For those who asked, my crafting session last weekend was a total disaster.  I lugged all my fabrics, sewing machine etc downstairs - and then lost my mojo.  I did make one bag, whose handles ended up between the bag and the lining!!!  I cursed a lot and decided that my head was not in the right place at the moment.  xx

14 comments:

Jennyff said...

I totally agree, being trapped indoors just doesn't suit me. So I keep clearing our drive of snow and thinking I could probably tackle the road next. Keep warm and remember spring always follows winter.

Vintage Tea Time said...

I'm in agreement too - the snow looks lovely, but it's a bore if you want to get out really. We need light and sunshine! x

Curtise said...

I was going to go into town to the rummage sale at the Nichols building, but decided the snow and the cold and the grey were too off-putting. Kids are very excited though!
Glad you got to see more of Wentworth, and had a good lunch and saw some art. Never mind about the craft session that went awry, I do think you have to be in the mood.
I agree, roll on some bright warmer days! xxxx

Lisa said...

A real treat to get to see different rooms on the tour. Making a date for another tour sounds like a lovely idea for something to look forward to.
Like the sound of lunch out and the art exhibition today.
Lisa x

love those cupcakes said...

It's been a bit grey today here, too, but I have to admit to being a bit of a Narnia girl. I love winter, proper winter, bitterly cold and with snow!

Elizabethd said...

I think sewing only works when you are in the mood. Otherwise it has a tendency to go wrong. I keep giving my patchwork a sideways glance, and then finding something else to do.

Rowan said...

I don't mind winter,I fill my time with reading,family history and cross -stitching or knitting. I must do one of the tours of Wentworth Woodhouse later this year.

John Going Gently said...

When you eventually see LES MIS please post a review dear heart

primrosesattic said...

What a lovely Xmas present. I like the snow but it makes life even more of a stress. Counting the days until we get some warm weather.
Rosezeeta

tlcukjourney said...

Usually here in south Texas our winters are mild but we've had a very cold one as well... if we have to freeze I wish we had a little snow but then the whole state would shut down!! So I'm with you... I will also patiently wait for spring!

Gilly said...

What a lovely tour! Book the next one! Mr.G is not a fan of large or stately homes, and I can't walk slowly, standing in between for very long, so I have to do the virtual tours, organised by you!!

I'm not keen on winter, either!

elsy said...

i agree about the weather...i love the seasons but this snow business has made me very down....cant bring youngest back to Sheffield today....messed all our plans up!! ( dont worry about sewing mojo-happens to me all the time!)

Rosie said...

Have just been out for a walk in the snow after two days staying in the house. The snow makes everything look special but I will be glad when it is gone and we can get on with things. I do so hope we have a better summer this year than last:)

Purrfect Haven said...

.. i am rubbish crafting alone.. I have come to see that its about sharing, talking and learning with others that give me my mojo! Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx