Friday 23 August 2013

Tetbury and Cirencester

On the Saturday, we decided to have a short drive from our campsite to Tetbury.  Both Prince Charles and Princess Anne live only a couple of miles away from Tetbury, so I thought it might be snooty and full of over priced shops, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

 It was a gorgeous little town, full of antique and vintage shops - some a tad pricey, but other more than reasonable (and a generous amount of charity shops stocking Boden Labels and the like!!).
 The shops were really quirky and went up several storeys with great views over the higgledy piggledy rooftops.  All the shop keepers were lovely and chatty - the whole town had a great atmosphere.

 It had some great old buildings and some sweet little country hotels - I wouldn't mind staying here.  Infact I discovered that you can get guided tours around Prince Charles Garden, so I've put that on my list for the future.





 After lunch, we decided to trot off to Cirencester, but it started to rain...
 ... so we didn't get much further than the church.




What we both enjoyed about this day was visiting places that we hadn't been to before - then cosying up back at the tent to the sound of the pitter patter raindrops.

7 comments:

Lyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyn said...

Sorry the last comment was so full of weird words the predictive text on my ipad put in that it didn't make any sense!
Any way......
There are so many places on my list I am not sure I will get round to them all!
Xxx

Louise said...

I like the sound of Tetbury. I didn't know you could have a nosy in the garden of Prince Charles - I'd like to see what he has done with it as he's such a keen conservationist - I would hope it's a very wildlife friendly garden!

Lisa said...

Tetbury looks very pretty, that yellow building looks very French.
Looks like that statue is complaining about the rain messing her hairdo up!
Lisa x

Julie said...

Tetbury looks like my kind of place and what beautiful stained glass windows - just stunning. Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment - pleased to meet you too. x

topchelseagirl said...

You certainly get about. Thanks for taking us with you on your travels, we can live vicariously through your blog. x

Ray+Joan said...

Love to visit the gardens of Prince Charles, maybe have a few seeds to plant in my own garden. The church windows were great too good job Lee wasn't with you.