Friday night saw us packing up a picnic, loading up the car with chairs, brollies, thick jumpers and heading out to Clumber Park in North Notts for an 80's Concert. The line up was:
T'Pau - or rather Carol Decker from T'Pau still sounding great and looking utterly fantastic for her age (almost 52!!). Must email her and ask for top tips!
Go West - I used to play their "LP" (ask your mum Michela!!) all the time.
Belinda Carlisle - also looking fantastic.
ABC - disappointed that Martin Fry didn't wear his gold lame jacket, but they sounded great.
and finally, and by far the best, Sheffields own - Human League. Whilst Phil Oakey has lost all of his trade mark hairstyle, he and the girls all look so good and took me right back to a time when a Friday night out involved:
1. Getting ready listening to Alexander O'Neal "Critisize" LP playing full blast whilst drinking a nice glass glass of Lambrusco!!!
2. Blow drying my permed hair with my head upside down, spraying it with "Elnette" whilst still upside down, and then throwing my "big hair" back and spraying with even more Elnette.
3. Lying down on the bed to pull the zip up on my super skinny size 10 jeans.
4. Buttoning up my silky electric blue oversized shirt, belted at the waist, with the biggest shoulder pads (loved shoulder pads!) and turning the collar UP!
5. Applying matching blue eyeshadow - lots of.
6. Clipping on the most enormous earrings (you couldn't wear pierced ones as they were so heavy you ended up with deformed lobes.)
7. Popping on my super white stilleto's and off I went, trip trapping around Sheffield.
I looked and felt fabulous!
Anyway, the concert was great. The sun shone and we didn't need the brollies, but the thick jumpers were required later when the sun went down. I loved all the people that had turned up in 80's fancy dress - 1 lady was dressed as a Rubix cube all night!!
The evening finished with a fantastic firework finale.