Saturday 3 March 2012

Friday Evening

On Friday evening, the DQ needed to film some shots for a uni project in Sheffield, so I said I would accompany her as her assistant/tripod carrier/wallet(we stopped off for meal at her favourite place to eat to ease her stress!).

It was interesting being in the city on an evening for a purpose other than a night out.
It was also great to be an observer of others who were on a night out.


We covered a lot of ground and ended up having a really good walk.
The area around the railway station is really nice these days - especially on an evening. I love the Showroom (Independent) Cinema.
The building used to be a car showroom with a garage underneath. They have retained a lot of the lovely art deco features.
We love the massive stainless steel structure/water feature just outside of the station.


In a few weeks time, I am going to show you what lies beneath this area in Sheffield. You will be amazed!
We also made a fantastic discovery - a new Chinese coffee and cake shop.
We had a great time chatting and laughing and eating!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to be a vibrant place to go. Interesting to hear about the 'underground' and I look forward to reading about it.

Chinese cake and coffee you say? Did it differ greatly from the usual?

Lyn said...

it's lovely you get on so well with your daughter, and I am looking forward to seeing what lies beneath!
xxx

topchelseagirl said...

Sounds like you had fun. Love The Showhouse building.

Jo said...

That's a different night out. How nice to spend the evening with your daughter. I'm looking forward to seeing what lies beneath.

Kathy said...

Isn't it lovely to spend time with your daughter, I'm missing mine so much! I love the colour in those last few photos.
xxx

Diane said...

Thanks for the evening tour of Sheffield, a place I have never seen. Love your photos. t'other Diane

greenthumb said...

Nice to have a night out, just the girls looks like you covered a lot.

Rebecca said...

Where is this coffee and cake place?! I need to go! hehe!
Lovely photos of the city at night, it's not often I venture out into the centre at night.... i'm an Ecclesall rd gal! x

Rosie said...

Your photos make everything look so inviting - it was like looking at a professional 'where to go and what to do' tourism leaflet! I look forward to finding out 'what lies beneath' :)

Lisa said...

A very different night out with your daughter and an interesting one to share with us too, with the added bonus of finding a new cake shop!
Lisa x

A garden just outside Venice said...

Ha ha! Great excuse for going out on a Friday night, LOL! ;D
xxxx

Tillybud said...

I've been meaning to pop over and visit you since you left a lovely comment on my blog way back when - so sorry for the delay. Very interesting post - I shall look forward to reading more!!!