Friday 2 March 2012

Maverick Sabre

I bought an "album" at the weekend by Maverick Sabre. (Ive only just stopped saying LP!). If you've not heard Maverick Sabre, he has a voice like someone who has smoked "Park Drive" ciggies all his life, but it makes his voice very unique and soul full. Some have said he is a male version of Amy Winehouse, and I can hear what they mean. I have been playing it all week in the car and totally love this track.



I didn't think I had word verification switched on, but apparently I had. It should have been removed now hopefully - let me know.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Love his voice!

Diane said...

test

harmony and rosie said...

Cool. Yes, he is rather Amy-like.
No verification - it is dreadful isn't it?! I removed mine too!

Diane said...

Hmmmm my connection is too slow to hear this, it sounds like he has jumping frog in his throat :( t'other Diane

SAS said...

Oh, I really like this guy's voice. Thanks for the heads up. I will go out and look for his 'album'. I know what you mean, having to re-train ourselves from LP.

Have a fun weekend.

SAS said...

Oh, I really like this guy's voice. Thanks for the heads up. I will go out and look for his 'album'. I know what you mean, having to re-train ourselves from LP.

Have a fun weekend.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Interesting!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Rosie said...

I saw this CD in the supermarket this morning and thought what a strange name and picked it up whilst Paul chose a Tracy Champman CD to replace the cassette we can no longer play. Lots of our LPs have been transferred to the computer but not the cassettes. I like his voice and the style of singing reminded me of Amy Winehouse:)

Ray+Joan said...

Good song, now I can't get it out of my head.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

I hadn't heard of Maverick Sabre Diane and have enjoyed listening, thanks - glad not to be the only one still saying 'LP' he he!

Word verification is so difficult now - I struggle to translate what's in the box quite often, don't you? x

lazylol said...

when I first heard this song I thought he was singing 'when i kissed you on your cheesy lips' lol!