Sunday 25 March 2012

Play Day

I had great fun today at the wonderful studio's Hope & Elvis. We were taught how to make delightful free stitching pieces by the ever so talented (and patient) Janet Clare.

As well as a delightful play day, I got to have a meet up with some of my bloggy buddies. A day spent with the oh so chuchy Lyn from Everyday Life is always so perfect. She pinched my cheeks Michela!!
And conversations with Two Bones Deb are always a bit on the wrong side of bizarre, we are so on the same wave length!!! (gorgeous fringe by the way!). It looks like Louise is chasing you Deb!
I was so proud of my almost finished piece. I had never tried this kind of sewing before and am thrilled to find I can do this on my machine at home too. When I have finished it, I'm going to frame it.
I loved Lyn's piece - she is so creative and whipped this up in no time.
I also took another friend Lynn B along (for her birthday present) and she produced this great cushion cover. It features her son, his girlfriend and their huge dog. I think that they will love it.
Everyday Lyn also started this smaller piece - so pretty.
I took photographs of some of the other pieces produced by the other ladies who attended - I don't think any of us had done this before.
I loved this by Two Bones Deb who made this for her mum - featuring the house where they used to live.
And this piece was stunning. The fabric, texture and sewing all so beautiful.
I love Louise's studio. I love sitting and creating and being inspired by wonderful tutors and fellow creators alike. I love rummaging through the vintage fabrics to find the right pieces and coming home with something that well may become a family heirloom.
Many thanks Ladies for such a perfect day.

22 comments:

Lisa said...

They are all stunning works of craft genius! Were you on the same course as Sally at Robin Red?
Lisa x

Lyn said...

Oh it was a perfect day Diane, I am hooked.....now just need a new sewing machine!
xxx

Lynn Holland said...

You all look to have had a great day. Nip over to my blog to see the great day we had on Saturday at Tracy's Easter play day in Slaidburn near Clitheroe.
www.oneimadeearliertoday.blogspot.com

Lynn

Lx @ Twelve said...

That looks a lovely day to have had - & your picture is fab!

Lx

greenthumb said...

Looks like you had a great time love the work you all did.

Riddlers cottage flowers said...

Looks great!Lesley x

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Looks like a wonderful way to spend a day!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

harmony and rosie said...

Beautiful works, all of them. I would love to have a go at machine embroidery but I can't lower my feed dogs, I think I might have to take them out.
Have a lovely day.
Kate x

Sally said...

Hello Diane, it was fab wasn't it, definitely one of the best workshops I've ever done! Everyone produced such beautiful work and all so different! You must be so pleased with your piece it will look gorgeous framed. Maybe see you on a workshop soon, my next one is Julie Arkell I think!
Sally @ Robin Red
xox

Jo said...

They're all such lovely pieces, looks like you had a wonderful day.

Sandies' Patch said...

What a wonderful day you had!
I think all of the creations are great, especially for first timers!

Thanks for sharing Daine.

Have a great week,

Sandie xx

Rosie said...

There are some lovely creations there! Glad you all had a super day:)

Diane said...

Sounds like you had a great day and what fantastic results. I am very impressed. t'other Diane

Deborah said...

I love going to Hope and Elvis :) looks like you all produced some great work Diane :) have a wonderful week

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

A garden just outside Venice said...

Yay for Lyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
How wonderful you can meet up with her and many other penpals of yours so frequently and share such nich experiences!
This is the proof that the lady I saw yesterday at the vintage market wasn't you..and i can assure you I haven't had any Prosecco for a good while, LOL!
Have a great week, I'm flying up North this weekend :)
xxxxx

BadPenny said...

These are fantastic ! I'd love to give this a try one day.

topchelseagirl said...

They're all great, but yours and Lyn's are my favourites.

menopausalmusing said...

What a wonderfully varied set of work you all turned out. Sounds like it was great fun.

diane b said...

Sounds like you had a mini blog fest. The art form is lovely and looks like fun to make. All the examples are are great. I love the teddy bear.

Blueberry Heart said...

love the crafty crafting! That kind of sewing is new to me and I must have a play as your results are really effective!
BH x

Carol said...

Some wonderful creations.
Louise does have some great workshops, I went to the Julie Arkell one last year. This year I'm going to Dottie Angel's - can't wait!
Carol xx

Carol said...

Some wonderful creations.
Louise does have some great workshops, I went to the Julie Arkell one last year. This year I'm going to Dottie Angel's - can't wait!
Carol xx