Wednesday 7 November 2012

An Invitation

Last week, I received a special invitation to join other bloggers and tweeters for a "blind"  tasting evening for the new menu at The Living Room - in Leeds.  The Living Room is a small chain of bars and restaurants, and I have to admit that I had never visited any of these before.  I took along my daughter and we had a great evening!


 We were seated in the Private Dining area with our dining companions and we were given a bit of a quiz to see if we could spot flavours and ingredients in each dish that we tasted - whilst blind folded.  We tasted starters, fish dishes, meat dishes, vegetarian dishes, desserts, and cocktails!!! The blind tasting was a great idea as it focused your senses on taste (and perhaps textures).  What I found interesting was that the Dancing Queen didn't dislike anything, although there were a few ingredients in there that she doesn't normally like.  We truly liked everything that we tasted - my favourite being the Sea Bass.
 It was great to meet other bloggers too - Neil's blog is mainly about which food goes with which beer - an interesting blog that I shall be following as hubby and I love a drop of real ale.


We had a fun evening and we were both  impressed with the quality of the food  and drink, and also the extremely  friendly staff.

11 comments:

Victoria said...

Looks like fun! I miss my old hometown. x

Lisa said...

What a great event to get invited along to. They've obviously seen you are the best tourist guide for your area!
Lisa x

Jean said...

Lucky you !!
We had lunch at the Living Room in London a few months ago, as a special treat on a day out in the big city. I had no idea it was a chain !! I'm so glad I read your post as I now see there is one in Nottingham and I was looking for somewhere to go for my birthday treat.....thanks for the tip !!

Jan said...

Sounds like brilliant fun. Jx

greenthumb said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do. Lucky you.

Curtise said...

Sounds great! Isn't it interesting that if you don't know the ingredients and come at a dish with an open mind, you can surprise yourself? Good for your daughter for trying stuff she doesn't usually like. xxx

Rosie said...

Looks like a good place to eat, Diane and your tasting session sounds like great fun:)

Shortbread and Ginger said...

It does make me thing what I would eat if I was doing a blind tasting - probably lots of things I would steer clear of normally!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Unknown said...

What a fabulous evening, and what a great opportunity to spend to quality time with your daughter. xx

tlcukjourney said...

I have never been to Leeds, but I have to say that looked like a brilliant night!

A garden just outside Venice said...

Cool!!!
It sounds like blogging has become a virtual shop window for marketing, a bit like FB.
xxxx