Sunday 4 November 2012

The Street Food Chef - Sheffield

Sheffield does not have many "celebrity chef" style eating places.  What is does have is plenty of very reasonably priced cafes serving fabulous, and exceptionally tasty food.  We have eaten at the Street Food Chef before at one of the  many outdoor events that Sheffield hosts, so we thought that we would try their new home in Arundel Street.


 The decor is very simple and I love the Mexican hats for lamp shades!  The wall of shame/fame is for their belly busting Burritos!!
 The food is amazing.  This is what fast food should be.  The salsa is freshly made and has a fantastic zing with the lime juice and coriander.  I could eat these Nacho's every day.  I added an extra portion of Guacamole which was also freshly made - absolutely to die for!
 Hubby chose the Beef Quesadilla and I chose the slow cooked Pork one.  They use locally farmed  meat and it shows.  We both went for "medium hot" and it was hot enough!  My nose went runny and my lips were on fire, so just right!   I don't think I have ever eaten anything quite so tasty.
I know where our newest favourite place to eat in Sheffield is !  I cannot recommend it highly enough. (and it won't break the bank either).

14 comments:

Beki said...

Looks delicious, I love Mexican!

Beki xx

Curtise said...

I think we may have to try this place, I love Mexican food with a bit of fire! xxx

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Sounds like my cup of tea (or should that be tequila), Thats all we ask for really isnt it. Fresh food cooked well, its not a lot to ask for, but sometimes you would think it was.

HippieGirl said...

I'm suddenly hungry, lol

greenthumb said...

Yum, I love Mexican food.

Gilly said...

It looks lovely, but very hot stuff doesn't suit me! Maybe they have a quieter menu???

Rosie said...

You always find such interesting places, Diane! The food looks tasty and I like the lampshade:)

topchelseagirl said...

That looks really tasty.

Victoria said...

I've been dying to try this place! Did they have plenty of veggie options to choose from?x

Jan said...

I'll definitely be visiting if we are in the area. The food looks lovely. Jx

Lisa said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot by finding somewhere serving tasty food at a good price.
Lisa x

Louise said...

I'm sure Dave would love to eat here, he's a fan of nachos and he says these look good!

I was going to reply to your comments in an email but don't have your address and couldn't reply via blogger so I left replies under the comments you left on my blog post!

I would have asked you but we didn't book far in advance. I thought I'd be able to google things while there but we didn't find a lot of wifi and I wasn't willing to pay the hotel for it!

qrops said...

nice post

Unknown said...

Well, that certainly made my mouth water, Diane. xx