Friday 20 March 2009

Work in Progress







I thought that I would show you my WIP. Its a crochet blanket for when the camping season starts. Ive been at this since about October, and its great because I can pick it up and put it down whenever. It hasn't cost me anything yet either as I decided to be very thrifty and just use odds and ends. My mum remembered that she had some balls of wool - she never throws anything away. There's wool in this blanket that can remember where it was when JF Kennedy was shot!!! But its not looking too bad and its growing ok too. And can you spot what had arrived when I got home from work? I have a subscription to Cornwall Today - and there is a feature in it on moving to St Ives!!! I take that as a sign! Time to pour another Sloe Gin and let the weekend start here.
Ive also amended the comments slightly as some of you were having probs commenting, and Ive added my email address - so there is no excuse. Its been lovely catching up with you all this week - Ive been all around the country from this PC. Technology is amazing (when it behaves!)
Have a great weekend all - the weather looks set to continue.

7 comments:

JuliaB said...

Gosh it's lovely! I wish I could crochet :( x

Julia said...

Ohhhhhh this is a work of ART!!! I love the colours, I love your magazine (drooool - Cornwall!)and I cant wait to see the finished blanket - lots of love Julia xxx

Lisa said...

Your blanket is gorgeous, love the colour combinations.
Enjoy your weekend.
Lisa

Rosie said...

Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment. Your blanket is lovely. Ah, Cornwall and memories of childhood holidays:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely - just the thing for camping!

Selfsewn said...

Is it easy to pick up this technique of crocheting? I have tried in the past.

I would love to live in st Ives too!!

Clare

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! You have talent!!!!!