Thursday 4 June 2015

Did you know.....

... that the Belsfield Hotel in Bowness on Windermere has been given a much needed makeover by Laura Ashley and is now a little piece of heaven on earth?   We noticed this as we walked by on Sunday afternoon.  I couldn't resist, I had to go and have a nosey around! 


 The hotel sits slap bang on lake Windermere - an absolutely perfect location.
 The whole hotel is furnished with Laura Ashley furniture, light fittings fabrics etc.
 Of course it has gone straight on my "list".  Hubby is not only alarmed at how much a stay might cost, but also how much decorating we will have to do when I come home full of inspiration!  I have to confess to having a Laura Ashley obsession since the late 1970's.

 The hotel staff were very good about letting us have a good look around.

 My sister even got them to show us one of the rooms.

 They have done a marvellous job with this hotel that had seen better days before the refurb.
 If you are in the area, call in.  The do coffee and cakes on the lawn or in the Brasserie.  The view is highly recommended.



8 comments:

Young at Heart said...

I remember seeing that hotel from the boat on a trip to the Lake District when I was a Brownie..... I also remember going to the Laurs Ashley shop in London as a teenager with my best friend and we thought we'd died and gone to heaven....unfourtunately she has now, but I'lll never forget how much we loved the fine white billowing blouses and floral maxi dresses!!x

Rowan said...

I love Laura Ashley as well - especially the lovely floaty clothes she designed in the early days. The hotel looks lovely and it's in a stunning location.

Curtise said...

It looks gorgeous, outside and in. Get hubby to book it as your reward for conquering Scafell Pike! xxx

Angel Jem said...

It does look good!
I love the idea of having a hotel-style bedroom, but I just have so much stuff at the moment. I need to have a good clear out.

Lisa said...

I can see why you would want to stay there, it looks very elegant.
Lisa x

Rosie said...

How lovely it looks, the idea of tea and cakes on the lawn with that view sounds good and it would be a wonderful place for a special treat or celebration:)

Jan said...

OOOOOOH... that's nice, nice, NICE! Jx

Katharine A said...

The hotel looks gorgeous. I would love stay there. I have my mum's 19701980? Laura Ashley decorating book. Good job it doesn't look like then.