Wednesday 2 March 2011

Gifts of Love

Ive finally unpacked my weekend suitcase and can show you the beautiful gifts that I was showered with on Saturday.

Clare - needlewoman extraordinaire - had hand sewn a beautiful patchwork Dresden plate. Clare has a knack of putting random fabrics together so well. I absolutely love it and ive decided to frame it and hang it in my kitchen.



Lisa presented me with a lovely collection of heart shaped items - and some really pretty vintage braid. I have plans for the braid (watch this space) and I have put the stunning glass heart on a ribbon with a clasp (that I bought at the Manchester stitching show). The heart shaped marshmallows will be placed in the heart shaped bowl and I will time how long they last!

Thank you ladies for my gifts. I love them. xxxx


5 comments:

two bones and a bagle said...

Bet you had a great time - what lovely gifts - you lucky girl. t

Janet said...

oh ! wasn`t that kind of the both ? sounds like you have made some lovely friends there Diane.

Christy said...

What lovely gifts! That Dresden Plate is simply wonderful. Clearly you are appreciated! :)

Rosie said...

Lovely gifts for you to bring home to remember your special day:)

Lisa said...

Oh I may just have to nick that idea about framing Clare's patchwork!
So pleased you liked your gifts, like Christy commented you are VERY much appreciated.
Am looking forward to seeing your make with the braid.
Lisa xx