Monday 13 October 2014

Edale to Hope - taking the difficult route!

My sister asked if the walking group would incorporate a walk she had always wanted to do but didn't have the oomph to attempt on her own - a walk from Edale railway station to Hope railway station via Mam Tor and Loosehill.  Our leader obliged (as it is one of his favourite walks) and as she wanted to do this walk to commemerate her 50th birthday.  So one rainy Saturday morning, off we went.


The first bit of the walk was by far the worst with a horrendously steep climb to the top of Mam Tor.

But even in the very low cloud, this area of the Peak District has some of the most  stunning scenery.

Once at the top, our walk would take us all way along this fabulous ridge.
Here are the lady walkers!!  Still smiling at the top!  The wind speed was unbelievable.


Yes, we had to climb this hill too - although it wasn't as bad to climb as it looks!!


Once we arrived at Loosehill, my sister cracked open her Gin & Tonic!!  And the sky started to clear too.

So we managed to finish our walk in the sunshine!
I love the downhill bits!! Especially as the pub was the next stop before catching the train home.



It certainly was a cracking walk and one I would do again in a shot! (even though I constantly say "I don't do hills!!!")

8 comments:

Louise said...

Looks like it was a good day for it :)

DeniseinVA said...

A great walk and gorgeous scenery.

mondoagogo said...

Gosh, doesn't England look lush, all those green fields... The fields remind me of a lovely patchwork quilt :)

topchelseagirl said...

I reckon alcohol was definitely called for! Phew my legs ache even thinking about it lol - but what stunning views. x

Curtise said...

Oh that glorious Derbyshire countryside, isn't it stunning? You intrepid ladies did well, and your sister is a woman after my own heart, necking a G&T on the way round! xxx

Rosie said...

I'm full of admiration for all of you on achieving that walk - it does look splendid though with some fabulous views and the sun finally came out for you:)

andamento said...

Fabulous scenery.

Amy at love made my home said...

The countryside and scenery is so beautiful!!