Saturday 9 April 2011

Frugal Finishing touches

With hubby at work, and it being too nice to "play indoors", I sat outside "faffing". My old kitchen table - that we never used and now have no room for is now our outdoor table - as the outdoor table collapsed at the end of last year. The chairs will be getting a makeover in the next couple of weeks. Using the inner piece of the Christmas wreath ring (stripped of the holly etc), I wound around some ivy that I had trimmed from the garden, and some beads threaded onto wire.
For one very brief moment, you could have wandered into The Swenglish Home! I wish!

14 comments:

Christy said...

Such simple beauty...I love it! Looks like that table will be put to good use in its new location too. :)

topchelseagirl said...

It's lovely!

A garden just outside Venice said...

You clever thing!
xxxxx

Mister D said...

Faffing now that's a word I'd forgotten existed - faffing about in the garden good for the soul.
Like the recycle theme.

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Ahhh faffing .... my favourite pastime. Your ivy wreath looks lovely ... I'm just having a break from giving some very old directors chairs a little TLC ... better get back to faffing. Enjoy the sunshine xx

diane b said...

Faffing, I like it! The table looks a good place to do some faffing. The result of your faffing is neat.

Rosie said...

The result of your faffing is so beautiful! I'm sure you will have many more faffing sessions at your recycled table:) Isn't the weather just wonderful?

periwinkle said...

very simple and very pretty

Kathy said...

Oh faffing around is my favourite occupation. The table looks great in the outdoors. How will you protect it from the weather?
xxx

Susan T said...

Love your little wreath Diane, especially with the addition of the beads.

Poppy said...

Simple but beautiful at the same time!

Lou xxx

Janet said...

Very effective-love it !

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy lots of lovely outdoor meals this summer on your new outdoor table.

Lisa said...

Your faffing is always has a great result.Look forward to the chair makeovers.
Lisa x