Looking back at the places we visited and the things that we did, its hard to believe that we were only in Cornwall for a week!
So here's a few more things that we did before I move off the subject.
We took the short ferry ride on King Harry Ferry as a short cut home one evening. I find the area around Carrick Roads and the Roseland incredibly beautiful.
* It was VERY expensive to get in. I would only go again if I could get half price tickets. It cost us almost £100 for the day and it wasn't worth it.
* It was too crowded - if you do go, avoid school hols.
* There isn't much to do or look at - it's ok for under 11's but not all that interesting for older kids.
* I have a problem with places that are supposed to show us how to save the planet but are keen to sell you bottled water for profit instead of installing drinking fountains.
On the plus side:
* I really love the concept of the place and what they have built in an old quarry - and the jobs that they have created as a consequence.
* The food in the canteens is totally delicious.
Lovely. You've been to some of my favourite places...
It is all about the family time at the end of the day.
Hi Diane, I've loved your holiday posts. Great memories, thank you for taking me with you "in heart".
I have always loved holidaying on that part of the coast - it is even lovelier when we have a nice summer. You certainly packed a lot into your holiday - I bet you're glad to be at home for a rest.
YOU WILL BE CONSCRIPTED by the local tourist board x
Love the evening wear!!xx
I've always fancied going to the Eden Project, but have second thoughts now at that price.
The mackerel fishing on the other hand looks incredibly cheap!
That figurehead near the oyster bar doesn't look very friendly.
In all my years of living in and visiting Britain, I have never been to Cornwall and always wished I had. Whatever Edens Gardens is, it's more expensive than Disneyland and that's saying something!
I love Cornwall and funnily enough have identical photos to yours omitting the glow sticks! We stayed at Malpass near Truro on several occasions. Best holidays ever.
Looks like you made the most of you week, such a pretty place. I don't know if I would swim in the cold water.
Looks wonderful Diane x
Fowey looks wonderful like the old petrol pump and the fishing sign. Also love your glow-sticks - looks like fun:)
I have thoroughly enjoyed going on holiday with you all. Thank you for bring Cornwall to us.
Love the red, white and blue bench.
So beautiful. Lovely photos. Was it warm by the water?
I am amazed to see the figure-head still in the same place! I love Falmouth. Well, all of Cornwall really...
Post a Comment