Saturday 20 March 2010

If I kiss him, will he turn into a prince?

Look who's back. Yes its my old slug slayer Freddy Frog. He sure gave the young man a huge fright when he opened the door this morning and found him lurking on the step.
He was very dozy, and he took some budging!! We thought the driftwood was a safer place for him - I didn't want him to trap his leg in the door.
The young man and I were at a loss what to do today. After a full morning sat in A & E having his little finger looked at (after a suspected break playing Rugby at school yesterday - but its ligament damage ) I decided we would head up to Batley in West Yorkshire to visit the fabulous Redbrick Mill.

Its a fabulous place - a lovely old mill - fabulous building and some lovely stores inside. You can buy your Cath Kidston here, or visit Heals. It has 4 of the most gorgeous cafes, a lovely little deli, an art gallery, gift shops, a brilliant florist and the most stylish furniture ever! On Saturdays, they usually have a pianist or singer. Today, they had a wonderful young man singing jazz - I could have listened to him all day. I couldn't get many photos as I was "told off" by a very snooty lady who saw my camera, but I had just managed to take this photo of a very large lampshade!!


There are quite a few mill shops in Batley - its called the Yorkshire Mill Mile, and had I not had the whinging young man with me, I would have had a look round more of them - but Redbrick mill is my fave. Batley also has some spectacular Victorian architecture, but it was raining so hard I couldn't get out of the car - I shall just have to return another day!
If you want to see what was in my pamper swap to Juanita - click here. Her parcel finally arrived.

14 comments:

Purrfect Haven said...

sorry to hear of the little ones finger, but thanks for the super tour and low-down on the store. Wish I were nearer to visit it myself. Gorgeous lamp shade. Helen
www.happinesskindled.blogspot.com

topchelseagirl said...

What a great old building and put to a good use. What a miserable lady stopping you taking piccies.

Michela said...

What a gorgeous little chap! I do love toads!!!
Hope the young man's finger will get better soon!
xxxxx

Jen Walshaw said...

Hope the finger gers better soon and wow at the mills

Jill said...

Hope the finger gets better soon, Freddie the frog looks fab.

Hugs RosieP x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

That first picture should come with a warning. Haha! ;)

Hope the finger is mended quick fast.

Kathy said...

It's useful having a whinging young man with you in places like that - it stops you from spending too much money! I had a little spree on my own today - oh dear!
Love Kathy xxx
Hope the finger mends quickly!

VintageVicki said...

Oh joy frog/toad season - means I shall expect to find someone lurking on the path or under the wheelie bins soon!!

Hope sons finger means soon.

Rosie said...

Waiting in A&E for ages isn't pleasant - hope the poorly finger is soon mended - no wonder you felt like a treat. The mill looks wonderful, I'd love to browse around there! Our pond is heaving with frogs we've counted about 15 but no frog spawn as yet:)

noelle said...

ahhh welcome back freddy! What a wonderful mill, would love to visit. Had a nosey at the parcel you sent, lovely, lovely stuff,and very heart inspired x x x

...Nina Nixon... said...

Phew....just ligaments.

Good old Mr Slug slayer though I wouldn't kiss - even if he was a prince.

Nina x

andamento said...

The Mill sounds like a great place to visit and normally I hate shopping!

Wish we had a slug slayer, the slugs devoured the garden last year.

Glad the finger wasn't broken!

Anne.

Anonymous said...

this wintery spring has been so confusing for frogs.
it's lovely to be catching up with your blog again, i'm settled very nicely here with a cup tea and a hot cross bun, way past my usual bed time.....am going on to read about your asian cookery next :o)

Nishant said...

What a great old building and put to a good use. What a miserable lady stopping you taking piccies.
data entry india