Monday 22 November 2010

Sheffield Sharks

As a pay off to my hubby and the young man for all the traipsing around gardens and stately homes etc that they do for me, I in turn accompany them on occasion to watch sport. Now I'm not interested in sport at all. I have not one competitive bone in my body and my standard - often very unhelpful phrase when their teams lose is "Its only a game" - because it is!

I don't go to watch the football any more. Its over priced, cold and boring. I do my bit at cricket in summer. I do enjoy watching the Ice Hockey, but I love going to watch Basketball. Its indoors and warm. Each quarter is only 10 mins long - so it holds my interest. You sit very close to the action - which makes for a good atmosphere. Its fast and they make it entertaining. Its great for families - they play music, give you big sticks to make some noise, and have a commentator. We go often to watch the Sheffield Sharks as we have a friend who plays for them. Recently, the scoring has been very close - infact last week it was anyones game literally down to the last second. I thought the young man was going to burst!


(Photo from Sheffield Sharks website as I forgot my camera!)

11 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm with you on the indoors thing! Much better at this time of year!
Lisa x

A garden just outside Venice said...

Mmh..because it's indoor and warm..or because of their muscles?!
xxxxx

JP said...

I am impressed with your devotion!

Joshy and belle said...

I fear im going to have to do my fair share of out doors sport watching with two boys now! no one to come to craft fairs with me! boo hoo! fliss xxx

BadPenny said...

Watching sport does nothing for me but when I was a young teenager & would go to stay in London with my big brother - he used to take me to footbll matches, cricket games ( and the dog races ) He made it so much fun !
Jess had the opportunity to see a basket ball game in New York & said the atmosphere was electric. I think I'd like to go to see American football just for the experience !

Ray+Joan said...

I too find all sports boring but I did do the scoring at crickit matchers for your U. Ray & the teas too,but I love to watch my grandson play football when we can.

Kathy said...

I've managed to avoid sport my whole life and I intend to keep on avoiding it! My men folk are participators rather than spectators and really don't need me around, thank goodness. My husband is still rock climbing at his advanced age, and my son is a skateboarder .. neither are team games! We all support Everton, but as you say, football is so overpriced! My son had a season ticket when he was a junior, but can't afford it now he's an adult.
That basketball looks fun though! Fast and exciting!
Love Kathy xxx

cieldequimper said...

Oh you made me laugh so hard with your chicken comment! They often seem to have their heads tucked you know where in France!

Purrfect Haven said...

thanks for visiting. Well... love must be watching sport when you hate it (like I also do)... but love is also partly compromise. Funny post, thanks for making me laugh. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx

John Going Gently said...

I used to LOVE going to the basket ball! at ponds forge and the ICE hockey at the arena!]

more lovely memories

Rowan said...

I enjoy watching sport, used to be a regular at Bramall Lane when my boys were in their teens and early twenties. I watch cricket too and have been to the ice hockey but didn't know that Sheffield has a basketball team though the words Sheffield Sharks sound vaguely familiar so I must have heard of them at some point.