Wednesday 30 May 2012

The day after tomorrow

And so after our evening stroll, it was far too nice for me to go indoors, so whilst the young man revised, and the dancing queen "chillaxed", I sat out and quoffed a nice largish glass of wine.  All of a sudden I noticed this really strange glowing cloud over our garden - so I shouted them to come and have a look at it.

 "It reminds me of the space ship in the movie The Day After Tomorrow"  I said.
Puzzled looks from the kids.
"Do you mean Independance Day?"
"Oh yes, I think I do" I said
"It'll be the wine" one of them said to the other!
 So I sat waiting to be abducted by aliens - but they obviously had other plans and they sped off.
So I poured myself another glass.

19 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Diane! You made me chuckle. Glad you are still on terra firma.
Carol xx

Patricia said...

Love it!! Patricia x

Lisa said...

Glad you didn't get beamed up!
Cheers!
Lisa x

Gilly said...

Odd! ;) Glad you are still here!

The darker parts of the Pennines hold many secrets!

Carol said...

Hi Diane, yes the photo is of a clematis on our patio. Don't know its name (lost label!), it looks a bit like a Montana but more delicate and not as rampant.
It is growing through Garrya Elliptica "James Roof" which was a Hodsock Priory purchase.
Carol xx

Jo said...

Hmmm, too much wine me thinks.

Rosie said...

'Is anybody there?' You made me chuckle! I'm so glad you didn't end up in an alien space ship, although the following blog post and photos would have been great!! Sounds like a very good wine to me:)

Diane said...

LOL Cheers t'other Diane

elsy said...

that's the way to go, wine makes the world a much better place.....by the way, beat you by one year on the work front x

Ray+Joan said...

Look out they;ll be back.

Jay said...

Best to drink wine if an alien abduction is imminent!

BadPenny said...

Our plumber told me that the Aliens had finally returned his son having inhabited his body during his teenage years !

Made me giggle a lot x

Young at Heart said...

and you got the pictures to prove it...... good thing you escaped the probe though!!!!x

Lyn said...

you have not made a big mountain in your back garden have you?
You do make me giggle Diane!
xxx

Rowan said...

The comment by the Young Man and the Dancing Queen made me smile:)

lazylol said...

ha ha that is funny, so glad you didn't get abducted :)

Unknown said...

Have you been abducted by Alien's, Diane???!!! Hope not.

I'm thinking of starting up blogging again. Tiny steps is what's called for, I think.

Jill x

Lx @ Twelve said...

I've been gone for 3 months - the ship was looking to bring me back!

Lx

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

Funny - a friend of mine tells a similar story and she was sharing a bottle of wine with a mate at the time ...! xCathy