Thursday 13 December 2012

Stamford Lincolnshire

On our drive up from London, we decided to use the A1 and stopped off at Stamford in Lincolnshire for our brunch.  Hubby had never been here before, and I had only called in briefly when I was a lot younger and had relatives living nearby.



It seems to have remained a quaint little old town, but with plenty going on.

 We happened upon a craft fair whilst we were walking around.
 We have never stayed around this area, and its not too far from home, so we might look at staying around here for a weekend in the near future.  I'll have to look what else is around here.



9 comments:

tlcukjourney said...

I've been to Stamford once, but to be honest I can't remember anything about it, as I was just filling in a shift at work for someone. Now that I look at your photos, it makes me want to return! Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

It looks very pretty indeed and a bonus that you stumbled across a craft fair too.
If there is anything interesting about the place, you'll be sure to find it!
Lisa x

diane b said...

You find the best places to explore.

Rosie said...

Oh, I love Stamford! We often used to visit when we lived in Spalding, so many lovely buildings to look at. Nearby Burghley House is worth a visit as is the summer outdoor theatre at Tolethorpe. Also the pretty towns of Oakham and Uppingham as well as Rutland Water - I should have a long weekend if I were you:)

Gilly said...

We stopped off in Stamford once, on our way to somewhere, and I thought it was a lovely little town. Grantham is another one. Makes up for being so flat all round there!

Victoria said...

It looks very peaceful and pretty!

greenthumb said...

Looks like a very pretty place.

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Stamford is one of my favourite places to visit. Lovely pics. xx

Curtise said...

Never been there but it looks lovely!
Hope you didn't slip on the ice this morning, it was treacherous here! xxx