Wednesday 18 August 2010

A Rotherham Tart

Now why doesn't that conjur up the same image as "A NormandyTart"?


Inspired by the wonderful apple tarts that we have consumed in Calvados country, and delighted to find my own apple tree bearing so much fruit, I decided to cook up a treat.

Put the oven on at 200 degrees Celcius and pop a baking sheet in.

Peel and cut into chunks around 1 kg of apples

Pop 100g of butter and 150g sugar into a frying pan and cook apples in here into they are staring to get fluffy. You can add a splash of Calvados at this stage if you like.

Pour into a flan tin, or pie plate and top with ready rolled puff pastry.

Pop in over for around 20-25mins




Voila!!! Just add ceam, creme fraiche or custard and imagine you are in France.


Bon Apetite! xxxx


12 comments:

A garden just outside Venice said...

Tarte Tatin à la Diane! xxxxx

Ray+Joan said...

you made my mouth water so I decided to make a tart for tea but I didn,t have any apples so I used figs instead it tasted just as nice joan x

Unknown said...

Hiya mum - I'll be around for a slice of that later. Plenty of custard on mine please. Ta

PS - thanks for popping in for coffee this morning and for the heart to heart about schooling.

xx

Sue said...

That sounds yummy.

Rebecca said...

That sounds and looks delicious! x

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Yummy can you send a piece down :o)

Kathy said...

Mmm, that looks tres bon! I bet it tastes delicious!
Love Kathy xxx

periwinkle said...

oh yummy mmmmmm. Have you been to Portinatx ?

Nearly there Claire said...

DEEELISSSHHH! x

elsy said...

rotherham tart definately doesnt conjure up the same thought....hmmmm...loved your normandy posts diane, we have been to houlgate when the kids were small but never did the normandy landing beaches. feel we should. x

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Sounds wonderful! I love reading our recipes...so different from what I'm used to.

Lazylol said...

OMG Diane, that looks seriously good. I LOVE apple desserts.
Your holiday pictures are lovely btw x